There are several ways of getting to Melbourne Park, home of the Australian Open, first of the year's Grand Slam tournaments around the world.
Here's how to get to Melbourne Park during the Australian Open:
- Walk. From Flinders St Station, take the pedestrian route through Federation Square and across the park that is Birrarung Marr, crossing Batman Ave on the new pedestrian footbridge into Melbourne Park.
If coming from the Jollimont train station, walk south through Yarra Park and cross Brunton Ave into Melbourne Park.
- Drive. Parking for day or night tennis matches is available through Gate 3 from Wellington Pde South. Parking through Gate 5 from Punt Rd is available only for day matches.
Parking is not available at Melbourne Park and Olympic Park during the Australian Open.
Parking for the disabled is available on the north side of Swan St outside Hisense Arena.
- Train. Take the train to Flinders St, Jollimont or Richmond stations and follow the pedestrian route to Melbourne Park.
- Tram. Australian Open ticket or Ground Pass holders can take the No 70 tram shuttle between Flinders St Station and Melbourne Park for free when the Australian Open is played.
- Bus. The Eastrans Route 605 bus service operates in Swan St Monday to Friday from 6am to 8pm, Saturday from 7.30am to 6.30pm, Sunday from 10am to 6pm.
An hourly Nightrider bus service operates from the city square in Swanston St from 12.30am on Saturday and Sunday.
- Taxi. For taxis to Melbourne Park, telephone for a taxi or wait at a designated taxi rank. For taxis from Melbourne Park, the taxi rank is on the north side of Swan St adjacent to The Oval.
- Ferry and water taxi. Services operate between Southgate and the landing adjacent to Melbourne Park on the north bank of the Yarra.